If you find that the court auto-rejects your filing within a few minutes of submission, that reflects that the e-filing system was unable to process your filing successfully, and it has not been sent to the court. Many times, there will not be a rejection reason along with this auto-reject.
If a filing does not meet the court’s system requirements, their system will not accept the document.
Common reasons for failure include, but are not limited to:
- Page size not being 8.5×11 inches
- A resolution higher than 300dpi
- Use of unintelligible images
- Unsupported fonts like ZapfDingbats, Wingdings, Symbols
- Password protection on PDF documents
- URLs or shortcuts included in the filing
- PDF Producers other than Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Word
If your filing is auto-rejected, you will want to check the document with these reasons in mind, and recreate your document, before you resubmit it.