While the Superior Court of Kern County is available for electronic filing, currently there are a number of documents the filer will need to submit in paper at the counter. The following is a list of documents Kern County does NOT accept for e-filing as of January 1, 2020.
Family Law Filings
- Elder Abuse
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Domestic Violence
- Surrogacy Actions
- Petitions to Establish Parental Rights
- Foreign Custody Decree
- Foreign Divorce Decree
- Registration of Out of State Order
- Reciprocal incoming/outgoing – UIFSA
- Probate Petitions Initiating A New Case
- Letters (probate, guardianship, conservatorship)
For more information, please visit the Superior Court of Kern County’s website .